Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Book Review: United We Spy by Ally Carter




Cammie Morgan has lost her father and her memory, but in the heart-pounding conclusion to the best-selling Gallagher Girls series, she finds her greatest mission yet. Cammie and her friends finally know why the terrorist organization called the Circle of Cavan has been hunting her. Now the spy girls and Zach must track down the Circle’s elite members to stop them before they implement a master plan that will change Cammie—and her country—forever.




Gallagher Girls! I've been waiting for this last book for forever. Well, only a year but seriously, omg, I remember waiting for the previous books and to think that this is finally the very last. I've loved the spy story so far and I loved this one too. Before I begin, if you haven't read the Gallagher Girls series yet, you definitely should! It's really fun even though I feel like it's aimed at a younger audience. The books do get more mature as the characters grow though. No spoilers in this review though so feel free to read it!

So when I first started reading United We Spy, I wasn't hooked. I would pick up the book and then put it back down once I see my laptop or my phone. It took me soooo long to get past the beginning but once I did, the pace really picked up. The ending was like boom boom pow and I loved it!

The characters in this book have been and always will be, kick ass. Even though they're not so realistic overall, their emotions are and it was really easy for me to empathize with them. I think that the characters gave me all the feels more in the previous books and not so much this book, but like I said, it picked up at the end and that's when my emotions started coming in.

And then the writing. I've always loved the way Ally Carter writes but what I really loved was the way she mentions something, and then you kind of pass it off as nothing and then BAM it's actually really important. Her effortless writing really allows for all those bombshells.

I also read A Gallagher Wedding which is kind of like an epilogue/short story kind of this. You can download it and read it for free here. It was a really good finale to the whole series and it was super cute as well.

So overall, I guess if I ignore my lack of focus and easily distractedness, this book was really good! If you haven't read the Gallagher Girls series, the first book is one of the best so read it. And if you've begun it, trust me, you want to finish it because the ending is beautiful.

United We Spy by Ally Carter | Goodreads | Book Depository | Amazon
Please leave a comment, follow, and +1. Thank you for supporting my blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment