Monday, October 7, 2013

Music Review: We Remain by Christina Aguilera



Genre: Soundtrack
Released: 1 October 2013
Universal Republic



I love Christina Aguilera. And I've loved all the previous songs on the Catching Fire soundtrack but... We Remain just isn't my cup of tea. It's good and I think other people may like it but for me, it's just not right. I like songs like Beautiful, Hurt and even Your Body which she rocked so well. But I guess it's not really her fault.

My problem with the song is that I felt as though throughout the whole song, I was just waiting for that awesome part that I can rock out to. As I was watching the lyric video, I was so ready for the fast part. I kept thinking, NOW and then it never came.

Other than that, I love the empowering message that a Catching Fire soundtrack song has to have. Even the title itself sounds strong and independent just like Katniss. "Whatever happens here, we remain." The good message reminds me of Beautiful and in that sense, this song was perfect for Christina Aguilera. Her voice is absolutely beautiful like always. But like I said before, there was no moment or verse in the song where her voice reached it's maximum power.

Like always, I recommend listening to the song if you haven't already. While you're at it, listen to the whole Catching Fire soundtrack! Even though the whole album hasn't been released, quite a bit of it has been.


Pre-Order the Album Now!

Please leave a comment, follow, and +1. Thank you for supporting my blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment