Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Music Review: Elastic Heart by Sia

SIA ft THE WEEKND & DIPLO - ELASTIC HEART

Genre: Soundtrack
Released: 1 October 2013
Universal Republic



Yay for more Hunger Games! And yay for some Sia! Someone in particular will like this post. You know who you are, hehe. But anyway, back to the point. Elastic Heart is another song revealed that is apart of the upcoming Catching Fire Soundtrack! I reviews Atlas by Coldplay awhile back and I will also be reviewing We Remain by Christina Aguilera soon. Elastic Heart is by Sia and it is featuring The Weeknd and Diplo. Plus, did you know Sia was Australian? Woot woot!

I love this song! When I found it, I was double excited because one, it's by Sia and two, CATCHING FIRE! I can't wait for the movie but the soundtrack being released slowly makes it better. I love the way Elastic Heart is produced. It has a really nice electronic but calm feel. Sia's voice was a perfect pick because I feel like her vocals fit this song really well. I also like The Weeknd but I don't feel like more than one artist was necessary.

Even though the melody is catchy, it's probably not the kind of song that would get stuck in my head. Either way, I love it and I love the lyrics. I like it when songs go for the metaphoric and meaningful lyrics instead of "let's party" lyrics. Another reason why soundtrack songs are some of my favourite.
"I’m like a rubber band, until you pull too hard
But I may snap and I move close."

Just beautiful. Give the song a listen!

Pre-Order the Album Now!

Please leave a comment, follow, and +1. Thank you for supporting my blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment