Sunday, December 30, 2012

Music Of 2012!

This year has definitely been a massive year of pop! Society and pop culture has started the year with the amazingly catchy Call Me Maybe by the one and only Carly Rae Jepsen. In July, the world was introduced to none other than Gangnam Style that has taken over the world. Has anyone else felt like the song has been stalking you? To sum up my favourite pop songs of 2012, here is DJ Earworm's Mashup of the top 25 music hits in the U.S; Shine Brighter.

Aside from the top 25 on the end of year Hot 100 Songs list, I have to mention a few more songs that I've listens to hundreds of times this past year:
Taylor Swift - I Knew You Were Trouble
Justin Bieber - Beauty and a Beat
Carly Rae Jepsen - This Kiss
Adele - Skyfall

I can't forget my K-POP loves this year though! Looking through my iTunes most played songs, I've noticed that most of the songs that have been played heaps this year have been K-Pop. I like to keep my playlists balanced but the reason why K-Pop songs have so many more plays is simply because they stay on my playlist longer. So these are my favourite K-Pop songs this year starting with my number one:
BIGBANG - Monster
Boyfriend - Janus
U-KISS - Stop Girl
Xia (Xiah Junsu) - Uncommitted
Secret - Poison
J-Min - Stand Up
Epik High - Up
RaNia - Style
G-Dragon - That XX
Kara - Pandora
K.Will - Please Don't...

Finally, my biases:
T.O.P (BIGBANG)
Eli (U-KISS)
Hyunseong (Boyfriend)
- Notice the connection between the people I've been obsessed with and my favourite songs?

2012 has been a big year, let's hope for a bigger and better Gangnam Style for 2013. You never know, 2013 might be the year for 2 billion on YouTube.

Buy K-Pop at Yesasia!
Please leave a comment, follow, and +1. Thank you for supporting my blog.

Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment