Saturday, February 16, 2013

Book Disappointment Of February 2013!

  Thanks to Connor, Lev, and Risa—and their high-profile revolt at Happy Jack Harvest Camp—people can no longer turn a blind eye to unwinding. Ridding society of troublesome teens while simultaneously providing much-needed tissues for transplant might be convenient, but its morality has finally been brought into question. However, unwinding has become big business, and there are powerful political and corporate interests that want to see it not only continue, but also expand to the unwinding of prisoners and the impoverished. Cam is a product of unwinding; made entirely out of the parts of other unwinds, he is a teen who does not technically exist. A futuristic Frankenstein, Cam struggles with a search for ...
Full Synopsis on Goodreads

So I realize that its only halfway through the month but I'm doing this now because I don't wanna jinx it. Maybe if I post this now, I won't have to read any more disappointing books for at least the rest of the month right? Also I don't want to write a complete review on this but I do want to tell you why I was extremely disappointed with this book. So here it is:
UnWholly - Neal Shusterman
3 STARS
This is the sequel to Unwind. I really liked the first book which is why I had such high hopes for UnWholly. I loved the characters and their development. I loved the writing and the storyline. Unfortunately, in UnWholly I absolutely hated the characters. There was character development but not enough to make me satisfied. The book is written in different points of views which is why you can really get into the character's minds. On the bright side, I guess that the characters being - insert rude word - makes them more realistic but honestly, even if I did meet somebody like the characters in real life, I would hate them. Maybe I'm just hateful but they really did piss me off with their ignorance, stubbornness, stupidity, and craziness.
But, the good parts were that I still liked the characters that were in the first book, I still liked the writing and the storyline. Overall, okay book, but I can't give it more than 3 STARS.

Have you read it? What did you think?

Buy UnWholly on Amazon


Please leave a comment, follow, and +1. Thank you for supporting my blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment