Sunday, February 17, 2013

Review: One Shot by B.A.P 비에이피

One Shot BAP Album Review

Genres: K-Pop, Hip-Hop, Rock, R&B
Released: 11 February 2013
Members: Yong Guk, Him Chan, Dae Hyun, Young Jae, Jong Up, Zelo
TS Entertainment



I am a few days late on this review which I realize in the K-Pop world is ALOT but better late than never. It took me a while to really listen to the song and to really see which parts I like best and why I like them.
Song:
 Right from the beginning, I thought this song was amazing. It starts off with a beautiful violin instrumental before the song starts. The violin instrumental is kept throughout the rest of the song upon many other layers of music and the vocals. Compared to some of B.A.P's other songs I think this one really suits them and the style they should be going for. Kind of like One Direction, B.A.P have a certain structure they usually follow. Some people get annoyed but I think it's quite effective. Starts with Yong Guk, then it goes to vocals as the song slowly builds up to the chorus. After that, Dae Hyun comes in as well as Zelo in the second verse. I really love the power and emotion in this song that keeps the song fantastic. I don't think I can find even 2 seconds of this song that I didn't like.
Lyrics:
I get that it's in Korean but the basic meaning of this song is actually kind of inspirational. It's about how you should go throw yourself into the world without fear and how you have "Only one shot!" I really like them. Then there's the English lyrics, well the Engrish. What I hear:
"One shot,
 Lemme tell something dat yo already know.
You just get to rock to midnigh man."
The real lyrics:
"One shot, Let me tell you
something that you already know.
You just get the rock to me.
You na mean?"
Well actually, none of them completely make sense. I still like it though. I love how the song starts with it and the seductive voice that comes along with it. ;)
*Update: I came across this article on tumblr and found it really amazing. It's the possible meaning to B.A.P's One Shot and how deep the layers can actually be. Read it here!
Summary:
One Shot is by far my favourite B.A.P song so far. I don't care if they don't change up their structure too much. I still love it! Who cares if you can't understand it completely. It sounds amazing! This is definitely the type of song I would introduce to someone who hasn't heard any other K-Pop aside from Gangnam Style because trust me, this is a thousand times better. 

Buy on Yesasia

Buy K-Pop at Yesasia!
Please leave a comment, follow, and +1. Thank you for supporting my blog. 

No comments:

Post a Comment