Friday, September 6, 2013

Mini Book Reviews: Eleanor & Park + Walking Disaster

Eleanor & Park Rainbow Rowell

Set over the course of one school year in 1986, ELEANOR AND PARK is the story of two star-crossed misfits – smart enough to know that first love almost never lasts, but brave and desperate enough to try. When Eleanor meets Park, you’ll remember your own first love – and just how hard it pulled you under.



As you can see, Eleanor and Park was basically perfect. Almost. An amazing love story with the most spectacular and real characters ever. I don't usually like books set in the 80's but this blew my mind away. The plot pace wasn't perfect but it was still super fast. Eleanor and Park is another one of those books where you kind of know how it's going to end but you still desperately wish it won't happen. Without spoiling, the ending was the worst part for me. I felt like it just, well, it didn't end.
Favourite quotes:
"Paul was the one who'd taught Eleanor to say 'Asian' and not 'oriental'."
"He didn't have dimples exactly, but the sides on his face folded in on themselves, and his eyes almost disappeared."
"Park's eyes got wide. Well, sort of wide."
"'Nobody thinks Asian guys are hot,' Park said finally." <--- Um, I THINK ASIAN GUYS ARE SEXY.

Eleanor & Park by Rainbow Rowell |  Goodreads | Book Depository | Amazon

Walking Disaster Jamie McGuire
Can you love someone too much? Travis Maddox learned two things from his mother before she died: Love hard. Fight harder. In Walking Disaster, the life of Travis is full of fast women, underground gambling, and violence. But just when he thinks he is invincible, Abby Abernathy brings him to his knees. Every story has two sides. In Beautiful Disaster, Abby had her say. Now it’s time to see the story through Travis’s eyes.


So basically, I hated Abby in the first book and then I read this book and I hated her even more. She is such a !@#$%^& !@#$% to Travis. Like seriously, how the !@#$ did he fall in love with her? To a point, I get that she's 'diferent' but she doesn't have to be a bitch. But aside from that, I did kind of enjoy this book. I read it in audio format which was a nice change for me. Since it's basically Beautiful Disaster but in Travis' point of view, it was really predictable but there were a few things that are quite funny that you didn't know from Abby's point of view.

Walking Disaster by Jamie Mcguire |  Goodreads | Book Depository | Amazon | Audible

Please leave a comment, follow, and +1. Thank you for supporting my blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment