Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Music Review: Damaged Lady by KARA



Genres: Dance, Pop, K-Pop
Members: Gyuri, Seungyeon, Hara, Nicole, Jiyoung
Released: 2 September 2013
℗ DSP 미디어


Woohoo! KARA is back. I've been loving the past few albums and I was eagerly anticipating their comeback. Now they're finally here with their new album Full Bloom and their single Damaged Lady. Before I begin the review of the song, I just wanted to take a moment to say that they looked absolutely gorgeous in the music video!

Damaged Lady definitely isn't my favourite song from KARA although I have to admit, it's still really catchy. The tempo for me seems a bit awkward. It would've sounded better either a bit slower or a bit faster but even so, I did like it. The melody isn't as unique as Pandora was but like the tempo, I still find it catchy. One reason why I love KARA is because they can actually sing. Of course they're beautiful as well but they're voices sound spectacular together and separately. The reason why I gave the vocals a four is because of the production. I know that this isn't their fault, but I hated that the vocals sounded a bit quiet compared to the melody. I did however love the electric guitar used in the song along with all the other layers of music.

The lyrics aren't really cute or super meaningful but I loved them because they were real. They are about someone who has just come out of a relationship and hates being surrounded by couples. "Yes I’m not nice, a damaged lady," really portrays how the person would actually be feeling. My favourite lines when translated to English:
"The sky’s not on my side, why so harsh?"
"What an embarrassing day for me
Crying all over now
The sky is too bright
I can’t raise my head."

Overall, Damaged Lady is a really catchy song that I'd listen to over and over. Definitely check out the music video. Plus, just a side note, I didn't do a Music Of August but I'll try make it up next month.


Buy on YesAsia


Please leave a comment, follow, and +1. Thank you for supporting my blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment