Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Music Review: Atlas by Coldplay

Atlas (From “The Hunger Games: Catching Fire” Soundtrack) - Single, Coldplay

Genres: Soundtrack, Music
Released: 06 September 2013
℗ 2013 Parlophone Records Ltd.




WHO IS EXCITED FOR CATCHING FIRE? I know I definitely am! And I'm excited to be reviewing Atlas by Coldplay. A new song from the soundtrack! Coldplay hasn't been around for ages. I'm excited that their back and I'm excited that there's just a little bit more coming from Catching Fire.

First of all, I'll be honest, I don't LOVE this song but I do like it. Just to get it out of the way, the bad thing for me is that it's really repetitive. The whole song is literally like ten lines. Also, the song was very mellow, almost too mellow. It has a very dreamy feel that kind of made me bored. It was beautiful but it wasn't intriguing. It wasn't interesting in any way but I'd love to see how this song is incorporated with the movie.

However, I did like that the song was different. It wasn't Coldplay's normal rock and it wasn't too mainstream pop. My favourite element has got to be the piano. I also liked synths used in this song but really, other than that, it was pretty plain. I've seen people saying that it will be a movie credits song. I can totally see that happening. It feels like one of those songs you'd listen to as everyone stands up, throws away their empty popcorn boxes and walks out of the cinema.

I will definitely listen to it though. Just maybe not when I'm trying to feel uplifting. The most energetic part of the song is the chorus and honestly, even that part kind of made me feel sleepy. Like sleepy in a good way of course. Definitely give it a go. The lyric video is out and you'll see that it's quite repetitive. ~ Carry the world ~


Buy on iTunes

Please leave a comment, follow, and +1. Thank you for supporting my blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment