Thursday, September 26, 2013

Music Review: Dark Horse by Katy Perry

PRISM (Deluxe Version), Katy Perry


Genre: Pop
Released: 17 September 2013
℗ 2013 Capitol Records


Finally doing another music review! I know it's been awhile but I'm getting back into things. Today, I'll be featuring Katy Perry's latest release. The second song revealed from her upcoming album, Prism. Dark Horse has been out for quite awhile but it's definitely not had the same impact as Roar had. Either way, I love this song!

So first of all, the beginning is like wow. I'm not sure how I want to feel about it. Every time I listen to it, it kind of reminds me of a little kid whining. I don't know if that's what its meant to be. But after that has passed, I love it. I feel like Katy Perry could do better with her vocals but then again, her singing has never amazed me. Also, Juicy J's rapping just isn't right. It's too slow and then it's faster but still too slow.

The best thing about this song is definitely how catchy it is. I feel like most of Katy Perry's songs are so popular because of how easily they can get stuck in your head. How anyone can sing along. Even though the lyrics are very simple, I guess that's an appealing factor. I'm just glad the lyrics aren't stupid and have some meaning to it.

So all in all, I really really like this song. If you just ignore the rap part, it's amazing. I like it better than Roar but I can see why Katy Perry and her record label decided to choose Roar as the main song. I've attached a no rap edit as well just so that you can listen to both.


Please leave a comment, follow, and +1. Thank you for supporting my blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment