Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Guest Post: The Break Up Recipe by Munir Bello

The Break-Up RecipeMy name is Munir Bello and I am the author of The Break Up Recipe. It's my debut  book and was released on Valentine's day 2013.
Now before you switch off and assume this is another self help book I'll assure you it's far from it. The story starts with a break up which results in the main character (the wonderfully named Mark Mutton) having a series of flashbacks that centre around his current relationship, his previous relationships and the sexual encounters sandwiched in-between.
The book takes a lighthearted look at various coming of age experiences for Mr Mutton and he is more than happy to share some of his incredibly personal and cringe-worthy experiences with you. The most popular chapter in the book finds him stranded in a crowded ladies toilet with what can mildly be described as an uncontrollable bowel.
When writing the book, the number one aim for me was to make people laugh and also present various scenarios that people could identify with when it comes to encounters with the opposite sex such as the first date, first kiss, losing your virginity and trying to grow up.
The writing process for me was quite an experience. The first night I started writing the book, I was quite intoxicated. In that state I wrote a summary of each of the chapters. Over the months that followed, I revisited each summary and wrote the story from there. Some of my personal experiences made it into the book (I'll let you separate fact from fiction) and the rest of it was the result of stories I made up as I went along. It's very strange but the chapter summaries which feature in the book had the least editing work although they were written in a state where my concentration wasn't up to scratch.
The book was written for men but on conducting test reads found that women were far more receptive to it. The finished product has a strong female following which surprises me as the language is very explicit and the humour is very dark. Turns out you ladies are curious to know what us boys are like when you're not around.
Before releasing the book I tried to think of a marketing strategy and I finally settled on a picture of me naked with the book cover in between my legs which has proven to be quite a good way of getting peoples attention when trying to promote the book. In the end the picture we settled on was one of me looking at the book cover like it was my baby which in many ways this book is.
I had a lot of fun writing the book and I hope you enjoy reading it.

Buy The Break Up Recipe on Amazon
Buy Books on the Book Depository
Free e-Books on BookBuddie
Please leave a comment, follow, and +1. Thank you for supporting the blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment