Saturday, May 25, 2013

Review: Reminded of You 떠올라 by Baek Ji Young 백지영

Reminded of You Baek Ji Young


Genres: K-Pop, Dance-Pop, Disco Dance
Released: 24th May 2013
WS Entertainment



I was so excited for Baek Ji Young's comeback. Like expected, it didn't disappoint. Though it's a bit different from her usual R&B, this song was so good. I legit just wanted to get up and dance. I loved Good Boy by Baek Ji Young which came out awhile ago. I can't believe she's 37 and still as pretty as ever. I'm just sad that this will be her final release before she gets married.
Song:
Baek Ji Young has a very powerful voice that can effortlessly perform in high and low ranges. The first few verses of the song are a bit lower compared to the last verses. I loved the electronic sounds that played in the background and how they didn't ruin her voice. Some voices only sound good with more soulful music but Baek Ji Young rocked the synthy beats. I also liked the repetitive but nice drum beats in the background and how sometimes another faster layer is added on top of it. Even if some people won't understand it, it sounds amazing as it is.
Lyrics:
Even though this song is so upbeat and uplifting, it is a break up song. My favourite lyrics in the song translate to:
"Now I will erase you, my heart is too tired
Though I know this is only momentary
You forgot me although you know I started to really hate you"
Those lines are so meaningful and all the symbolism and stuff makes it really nice. The part that sounds the nicest is romanized as:
"ni-ga tteo-olla jakku tteo-olla
nareul tteona modeun ge lie lie
ni-ga tteo-olla jakku tteo-olla
nan beokchaolla gaseumtteojil-keotkata"
Summary:
This is the type of song that I'll listen to for a long long time. I can't wait for the music video! I definitely think that a lot of people would enjoy this kind of music. I can't promise it will be the best song you've ever heard but I'm really encouraging you to give it a try. All it takes is one click.



Buy K-Pop at Yesasia!
Please leave a comment, follow, and +1. Thank you for supporting my blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment