Friday, May 10, 2013

Review: All For Love by Lady Antebellum



Genres: Country, Country-Pop, Pop
Released: 7th May 2013
Members: Hillary Scott, Charles Kelley, Dave Haywood
℗ 2013 Capitol Records Nashville.



Country music doesn't take up much in my music but I do have the rare Country-Pop album here and there. Lady Antebellum's new album Golden recently came out and I've been really enjoying it. After a few days, I can easily say that my favourite song on the album is All For Love. It is track number 10. When I first saw the title, I expected something really happy but it's a lot more deep and meaningful than that.
Song:
This ballad was absolutely perfect. I loved how dramatic it was. The piano and bass in the background elevated the song even more. The chorus was super powerful with the electric guitar and amazing vocals. Hillary and Charles's voices were both amazing. Though they never sung together, the transition between them was effortless.
Lyrics:
The song is about a frayed relationship. My favourite part is the ending.
"Love, something you know nothing of
Cause if you did, there's still be an us
I did it all for love."
Those lines pretty much sum up the song. A love that's strong but a love without understanding. The lyrics are truly beautiful.
Summary:
Most of my reviews a positive and here's another one. I loved this song! I barely ever review bad songs. Sad songs, yes, but bad songs, no. I love just staying in my room and singing this, hoping that nobody can hear my terrible singing even though my family and neighbours probably can. Even though Lady Antebellum are a Country - Pop band, I don't see much in this song. This is why I feel as though this song can aim at many different audiences. If you love Country music, you'll love this. If you love Pop, you'll love this. If you like ballads, you'll really love this. I hope you'll check it out!


 Buy on iTunes


Please leave a comment, follow, and +1. Thank you for supporting my blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment