Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Review: The Baddest Female 나쁜 기집애 by CL

The Baddest Female CL 

Genres: Hip-Hop/Rap, Music, K-Pop 
Released: 28 May 2013
℗ 2013 YG Entertainment




Today, I'm doing a review on CL's new single, The Baddest Female. There was so much hype leading up to this song. 2NE1 is definitely one of my favourite girl groups and though I don't have a favourite member, I really like CL. I was so extremely excited and was waiting for something super spectacular and it was spectacular but I'll be honest, it's not the best. It was too, for lack of a better word, swag. For me at least, it was too much.
Song:
I've always liked CL's voice and she definitely displays it in this song. The thing is, it wasn't amazing. It's unique but I feel like she could of done better. For me, there's a line between talking and rapping and CL just wasn't rapping enough. Some parts, she was almost singing and I think that those parts were my favourite. The beats in the background were actually really nice. Closer to the end of the song, there's a really dubsteppy section. I liked the dubstep elements throughout the whole song as well. Some people might hate it but I actually quite like it. For me, it was the highlight.
Lyrics:
I don't know how I feel about the lyrics. At first I thought they were a bit vain because they were just about how swagalicious CL is. The second time round though, I thought it was sending a good message. It's not vain, it's confident. My favourite lines:
"This is for all my bad girls around the world
Not bad meaning bad but bad meaning good, you know
Let’s light it up and let it burn like we don’t care
Let em know how it feels damn good to be bad"
It's not the best message but we all need to feel good about ourselves once in awhile right?
Summary:
All in all, I don't hate this song. It definitely could've been better but it's still a song that I will listen to often. The music video was pretty cool though. It was a bit all of the place but I thought it was really fun. I really hope you can check out this song if you haven't already. It only takes four minutes!


Buy on iTunes

Buy K-Pop at Yesasia!
Please leave a comment, follow, and +1. Thank you for supporting my blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment