Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Review: Miss Korea 미스코리아 by Lee Hyori 이효리

Miss Korea Lee Hyori

Genres: Pop, K-Pop, Korean, Dance, R&B
Released: 5 May 2013
CJ E&M Music




Can I just say that this song was absolutely fantastic. It's damn right sexy, fine, classy and sassy. I can't say that I have been a long time fan but I can say that I have been waiting for her return. It's been years since she's made a comeback. I've listened to a few of her older songs and they are much more vibrant and danceable whereas it seems for this song, Lee Hyori has mellowed down and gone for something more classic. I'd completely forgotten that Lee Hyori's comeback was on the 5th until my one of my bestest friends told me about it this afternoon.
Song:
Instead of the usual, Miss Korea has a more jazzy and 50's feel. Though Lee Hyori's voice doesn't have a spectacular range, she's worked with it and made an amazing song. Most people would associate her voice with the type of songs she made in the past but I'm glad she spiced it up a bit. She used her low voice and added this addictive huskiness. The music also works wonderfully with her voice. You can clearly hear the percussion, drums, bass and electric guitars in the background without it completely taking over the vocals. I love the build up to the catchy chorus.
Lyrics:
The lyrics subtly address the ongoing controversy with 'Miss Korea'. The song expresses the fact that even though being Miss Korea seems awesome from the outside, there's a lot underneath the plastic surgery and designer handbags. The contestants for Miss Korea all look about the same this year and the plastic surgery is even exposed in different scenes in the music video.
Summary:
So ultimately, this song was beautiful. I loved the message and the way she addresses it while still looking hot in the video. She's been in the music industry for 10 years and she's definitely still got it. I really hope you give it ago. It's got a little bit of everything for everyone. It doesn't matter if you've been a long time supporter, a K-Pop lover or just another one of those people who's never heard of Lee Hyori. It's classic but new at the same time.





Please leave a comment, follow, and +1. Thank you for supporting my blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment