Thursday, May 2, 2013

Review: The Other Side by Jason Derulo

The Other Side Json Derulo

Genres: Pop, Music, R&B/Soul, Rock
Released: 16 April 2013
℗ 2013 Warner Bros. Records Inc.




Yay for another music review! Today, I'm going to tell you why I absolutely love The Other Side by Jason Derulo. I know that this song has been out for quite awhile but it didn't capture my attention until the music video was released yesterday. I'd downloaded the song when it came out and I listened to it once and kind of just forgot to add to it to my playlist. When the music video came out I was like OMG this song is actually really good! 
Song:
I don't always rate songs but this one definitely gets a 5 STARS from me. It has a very uplifting beat that makes you want to party. The dance vibe accompanied Jason Derulo's voice amazingly. I think that the song is very catchy and easy to listen too. I still remember when I used to listen to In My Head and Watcha Say. I also liked Breathing which came out in 2011 but I haven't really liked a Jason Derulo song in quite a long time. Now, I remember why I loved his songs so much all those years ago. 
Lyrics:
Though the song has a party feel, it doesn't have many things that you'd normally associate with those kinds of songs. Most of the lyrics are very cute, sweet and romantic. The only line that I'd personally change is "Tonight we’ll just get drunk". I think that without that, everything else is wonderful. The lyrics have an urgent tone but it's really beautiful at the same time. Lines like "Kiss me like it’s do or die" are what really make me love the song. It also makes me wish that I wasn't forever alone. 
Summary:
As you probably expected, overall, this song was absolutely mind blowing. I love love loved it! I definitely recommend checking it out if you haven't already, although most people probably already have. I could listen to this song over and over all day. My neighbours might be a little annoyed at my non-stop singing but The Other Side is just one of the songs where you can't listen to it without that urge to start singing. The music video is just a tad bit raunchy though, alright, a lot raunchy.



Please leave a comment, follow, and +1. Thank you for supporting my blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment