Thursday, May 16, 2013

Review: Walks Like Rihanna by The Wanted

Walks Like Rihanna 

Genres: Dance-Pop, Pop
Released: 10th May 2013
Members: Max George, Siva Kaneswaran, Jay McGuiness, Tom Parker, Nathan Sykes
℗ 2013 Global Talent Records Limited



Okay, I'm just going to be honest here, I didn't like this song. This is the first time I've done a music review of a single I actually didn't like. I really loved Glad You Came so when I found out that The Wanted have a new single called Walks Like Rihanna, I went to check it out straight away. I've been trying to let it grow on me but I just don't think it's working out. I totally understand why people would love it but I think the the song is a bit to over-hyped. I just hate that pop and boy bands are getting more and more meaningless.
Song:
If I just ignore what the lyrics are actually saying, I don't mind the song. I like how you can dance to this song for most of it but the dynamics change throughout the song. The tempo stays pretty even though. I like the beat and the synth waves in the background. It's definitely catchy and it's the type of song that where you always tap your foot.
Lyrics:
So this is where everything spirals down. Correct me if I'm wrong but the lyrics are just stupid and repetitive. The lyrics nowadays have no meaning at all. I could try to explain it but I think I should just give you a snippet:
"She can't sing, she can't dance but who cares
She walks like rihanna
She can't sing, she can't dance but who cares
She walks like rihanna
Have you seen that girl, have you seen her
With the way she moves you wanna kiss her
She'll be the girl of your dreams if you can close your eyes
You can feel that beat when she's in the room
You can feel your heart going boom boom
And all the boys they crowd around"

I'll admit that I have sung along before but I just can't enjoy the song like I would've if the lyrics were a but better.
Summary:
I feel as though boy bands are just aiming to make girls go crazy. What happened to making good music that everyone could enjoy? Good beat, silly lyrics.


Buy on iTunes 


Please leave a comment, follow, and +1. Thank you for supporting my blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment