Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Mini Music Reviews: La La La + Acapella + Royals

Mini Music/Book Reviews are a new type of post I'm planning to do more of on my blog. The reason I'd like to Mini Music Reviews is because it's my way to feature songs that I've been loving recently without having to worry about things such as how new the song is. These reviews will be a lot shorter and more fun. Especially with these music ones, I just want you to see how good the song is yourself. Today, I'll be featuring La La La by Naughty Boy (feat. Sam Smith), Acapella by Karmin and Royals by Lorde.



Genres: Pop, R&B, Garage, Breakbeat
Released: 17 May 2013
℗ 2013 Naughty Boy Recordings Ltd




The beginning is like amazing. I got hooked into this immediately. I love the repetition of 'la's and 'na's. Both voices sound amazing. Like no joke I can just listen to this song on repeat and just sing. Even though the actual music isn't extremely unique, the voices and production makes up for it. The lyrics are relatable because we all know we've felt like this once.





Genres: Pop, Dance, Hip-Hop
Released: 25 June 2013
℗ 2013 Epic Records




As always, Karmin's songs are super fun. I remember way back in the day when they used to be just YouTube famous. I'm proud of where they've gotten. Though I loved Brokenhearted a lot more, Acapella is an amazing song too. It's that type of song you listen to when you want to feel swag. You'll want to bob your head and shake your hair and dance. Even though her voice is amazing, her rapping is superb. It's not fast, just cool.





Genres: Indie Pop, Pop, Electronic, Rock
Released: 08 March 2013
℗ 2013 Universal Music NZ Ltd.




Lorde is a New Zeleander which means that most people who don't live there or in Australia probably wouldn't of heard of her. She is fantastic though. Her voice is so wonderful. I can't even explain it. I just love it. Royals is a really simple song that has a 'I don't give a crap' vibe. It has a really slow pace that makes me want to sway. It uses demonstrates how nice percussion can sound with electronic sounds.



Please leave a comment, follow, and +1. Thank you for supporting my blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment