Friday, August 16, 2013

Music Review: Excuse My Rude (feat. Becky G) by Jessie J



Genre: Pop, Urban
Released: 12 August 2013
℗ Universal Republic Records




Once again, Jessie J is back with another single from her upcoming album. I haven't seen much of Becky G but I do know that she's a young teenage rapper who's ready to burst into the scene. I loved that they collaborated to make Excuse My Rude. Also, today, I'm introducing my new rating system for my music reviews! Basically, I've picked out the five things that I think are the most important things that define a good song. Here is my rating for Excuse My Rude.
Along with my new rating system, I've banished my old boring subtitles which now allows me to more freely express myself. So first things first, I love the beginning so much. I can't even explain how amazing it is. It's that type of beat that makes you want to do body rolls. The production is spectacular as well. Without it, I don't think the vocals and melody would make up for it. Either way though, the melody is really catchy with a nice steady to fast tempo. At different points, the tempo slows down quite a bit but I think the changing tempos make it wow.

Jessie J doesn't have amazing singing power but it's not bad either. It's nice, just not special but Becky G's rapping really makes up for it. The lyrics are actually quite empowering. It's about not giving in to a man who's doing bad things. It's about a woman standing up for herself.
"I've held it in
But it's time you know the truth
Excuse my rude
But I really ... hate you."

As you can see from how I rated it, I loved this urban and pop infused song. It's super fierce, fun and catchy. Check out the lyric video below.



Please leave a comment, follow, and +1. Thank you for supporting my blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment