Saturday, August 3, 2013

Review: Skipping A Beat by Jordin Sparks



Genres: R&B, Pop, Dance-Pop
Released: 1 August 2013
RCA




It's been a really long time since Jordin Sparks has released anything new. I remember when I used to blast Battlefield all the time. That was all that way back in '09. Now, years later Jordin Sparks is back! I'm so excited. It's adorable because it's said that this song is dedicated to her man, Jason Derulo. Even better, his song The Other Side was dedicated to her as well. Come on? You have to admit that it's super sweet. This is my review for her latest single, Skipping A Beat.
Song:
This song has a really cool vibe. I love the R&B style that she's chosen. The snares at the beginning sound amazing. Afterwards, it starts to disappear and then a lovely piano beat comes in until they start to work together. It sounds absolutely amazing. The producing of the song is also flawless because even though Jordin's voice is beautiful, it needs that extra push.
Lyrics:
Of course, like I said before, the song is a love ballad for Jason Derulo so of course the lyrics are awesome. They left me swooning. The best lines in my opinion are:
"Boy I think I'm gonna need an ambulance
Cause you been doing my heart some damage"
Cheesy, I know but I just love those lines so much. The rest of the lyrics are pretty repetitive but as I said before, the good producing makes it okay.
Summary:
Give it a go guys. I'm waiting for her album to come out and I'm super excited. I have a feeling this song isn't the one she's trying to make super popular. I think there's going to be another release that is made to hit the charts.

 Buy on iTunes

Please leave a comment, follow, and +1. Thank you for supporting my blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment