Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Music Review: Wrecking Ball by Miley Cyrus



Genres: Pop
Released: 25 August 2013
℗ 2013 RCA Records



Alright alright, let's just ignore what happened at the VMA's for this review.



I love this song so much. It's a lot lot better than We Can't Stop. You can check out my review of We Can't Stop hereWrecking Ball is the second single released from her upcoming album, Bangerz. It's definitely 100% powerful and 100% ballad, hence, a power ballad. I love these kinds of songs. They're really meaningful but they're not slow. It's the perfect balance.

The production of the song and melody make it really catchy. My only kind of problem is that the chorus comes in really suddenly. REALLY SUDDENLY. I guess there's nothing wrong with it and the change in tempo is rather unique but I just like her voice so much better in the verses. I love her almost raspy voice but I took off one star because her screaming chorus is just a little bit too much for me. Either way, I love that she actually sang in this one.

The lyrics are also really nice. You can see the full page on Direct Lyrics. The symbolic metaphor is really amazing and gives the song so much depth.
"I put you high up in the sky
And now, you’re not coming down"
Hence the name wrecking ball. The lyrics are really beautiful even though they portray something sad. Wrecking Ball was overall a really nice surprise from Miley Cyrus. I love We Can't Stop but Wrecking Ball is definitely better.

 Buy/Pre-order on iTunes

Please leave a comment, follow, and +1. Thank you for supporting my blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment