Monday, August 12, 2013

Music Review: Applause by Lady Gaga

ARTPOP, Lady Gaga

Genres: Pop, Music
Released: 12 August 2013
℗ 2013 Interscope Records




A few posts back, you'll see that I did a Sit Tight Sunday for Applause by Lady Gaga. It was set to be released on the 19th but as expected from our world, a crappy version of the song was leaked. Lady Gaga made a quick decision and released it on the 12th.. It's been a long time since Lady Gaga has been mainstream and I'm glad she's back. I was planning to implement a new music rating system for this review but it's not 100% just yet. Maybe in the next review. But for now, continue reading for more Gaga.
Song:
For now, I'll still be using my boring subtitles. Okay, the actual song. It's a really upbeat song with heaps of synthesized beats. I feel as though Lady Gaga didn't display the potential her vocals can have in this particular song. The verses are somewhat alright but in the chorus, it's more just talking. Even so, I do really like how the song is made and produced with all the energy. In some parts, you can hear a faint cheering in the background and this really adds to the 'applause' element.
Lyrics:
Alright, read the title, I'm sure you expected this. The song is pretty much:
"I live for the applause, applause, applause."
I mean, I don't love it but I don't hate it. It's actually really really catchy!
Summary:
It was clear from the start that there was going to be a battle for #1 between Katy Perry's ROAR and Lady Gaga's Applause but now with the song being released early, the fight is really starting with a boom. Personally, I like Applause A LOT better but I do know that all the Katy Perry fans probably wouldn't. I don't know why but this song definitely has a bigger place in my heart compared to ROAR.


Buy on iTunes

Please leave a comment, follow, and +1. Thank you for supporting my blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment