Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Review-A-Thon: Dare You To by Katie McGarry

Dare You To Katie McGarryRyan lowers his lips to my ear. "Dance with me, Beth."
"No." I whisper the reply. I hate him and I hate myself for wanting him to touch me again....
"I dare you..."

If anyone knew the truth about Beth Risk's home life, they'd send her mother to jail and seventeen-year-old Beth who knows where. So she protects her mom at all costs. Until the day her uncle swoops in and forces Beth to choose between her mom's freedom and her own happiness. That's how Beth finds herself living with an aunt who doesn't want her and going to a school that doesn't understand her. At all. Except for the one guy who shouldn't get her, but does....
Ryan Stone is the town golden boy, a popular baseball star jock-with secrets he can't tell anyone. Not even the friends he shares everything with, including the constant dares to do crazy things. The craziest? Asking out the Skater girl who couldn't be less interested in him.
But what begins as a dare becomes an intense attraction neither Ryan nor Beth expected. Suddenly, the boy with the flawless image risks his dreams-and his life-for the girl he loves, and the girl who won't let anyone get too close is daring herself to want it all....

Who else loved Pushing The Limits? After finishing it and declaring it was one of my favourite books ever, I was so excited for the next book. When Dare You To came out I had to jump on it as soon as I could. This series is similar to the Perfect Chemistry series in the sense that each book has different protagonists but the stories are still related. It's also similar to the Stephanie Perkins books. This Young Adult Contemporary Romance is definitely my kind of book. I gave Dare You To a straight up 5 STARS because it was just that amazing. Continue to see why you should read this.
Characters:
Beth and Ryan are the main protagonists in this story. Beth is seen as the general bad ass. Ryan is seen as the classic jock. But of course, there's a lot more to both of them than that. I loved seeing the roles swapped. For once, the girl's the gangster. Though I loved them, there are characters I hated too. I hated Ryan's controlling dad and I hated the bitch Gwen.
Pros:
I got hooked into the story right from the start. This is always a good sign and I'm glad the book didn't disappoint. I loved the cliche storyline as well. One of my favourite things aside from the beautiful storyline is the writing. The language made me feel very included. I enjoyed how the writing mimicked the particular feelings. For example, if the characters were drunk, the first person writing reflected that. I also liked the the fact that the swearing wasn't censored, it made the story come to life. I also enjoyed the nicknames the protagonists gave to each other and how they stayed throughout the story. Dare You To also left me giggling. The humour was so cute!
Cons:
My only con isn't big enough to take away any stars. I hated Gwen. I always hate it when there's that one asshole that is trying to ruin everything. Most of the time they're unnecessary but Gwen played a part in the story which is the only reason I tolerated her.
Summary:
I love this series so far and can't wait until the next book comes out. I definitely recommend this to everyone and anyone. Also, thank you to Harlequin Teen for sending me a copy of this fantastic book.

Try Audible now and get the Dare You To audiobook FREE

Buy Dare You To on Amazon
Please leave a comment, follow, and +1. Thank you for supporting my blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment