Friday, June 21, 2013

Review-A-Thon: Vain by Fisher Amelie

If you’re looking for a story about a good, humble girl, who’s been hurt by someone she thought she could trust, only to find out she’s not as vulnerable as she thought she was and discovers an empowering side of herself that falls in love with the guy who helps her find that self, blah, blah, blah...then you’re gonna’ hate my story.
Because mine is not the story you read every time you bend back the cover of the latest trend novel. It’s not the “I can do anything, now that I’ve found you/I’m misunderstood but one day you’ll find me irresistible because of it” tale. Why? Because, if I was being honest with you, I’m a complete witch. There’s nothing redeeming about me. I’m a friend using, drug abusing, sex addict from Los Angeles. I’m every girlfriend’s worst nightmare and every boy’s fantasy.
I’m Sophie Price...And this is the story about how I went from the world’s most envied girl to the girl no one wanted around and why I wouldn’t trade it for anything in the world.
 
As soon as I read the synopsis of this book, I completely fell in love. I had to read it and I knew I'd enjoy it. For once, the synopsis was the thing that sucked me in. It wasn't the cover and it wasn't because someone else told me that it was good. This is what you call a spectacular synopsis. I gave this book a straight up 5 STARS and it easily went straight into my favourites. I can't wait until the next book in the series comes out. See why I loved Vain.
Characters:
If you start reading it, you'd think the main character is a complete bitch. I thought that too but for some reason I just couldn't hate her. I loved the character development as she and Dingane worked their problems out together. All the characters had so many different layers that were slowly unveiled. I love how there wasn't that one stupid and annoying character trying to screw up everything. Sometimes I get why the author would put in an annoying character but all it does is pisses me off. They're completely unnecessary and I'm so glad Fisher Amelie didn't put one in.
Pros:
I always enjoy love stories with a moral and Vain definitely fits that category. It wasn't just love at first sight, it was way more deep. It was so extremely cute at some points and I just couldn't stop giggling. It also left me crying which is always good. I also loved her writing and how she incorporated so many different metaphors to enhance the meaning.
Cons:
Well the only con is that I don't have anything to write in this section.
Summary:
Hurry up and read this! Or at least go add it to your to-read list. This book blew my mind away just like I knew it would after I read the synopsis. It received a well-earned 5 STARS in my books.

Try Audible now and get the Vain audiobook FREE

Buy Vain on Amazon
Please leave a comment, follow, and +1. Thank you for supporting my blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment