Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Review-A-Thon: Come With Me by Ricky Martin

Come With Me - Single, Ricky Martin

Genres: Pop, Music
Released: Jun 14, 2013
℗ 2013 Sony Music Entertainment US Latin LLC




Come With Me is an Australian release that will blasting through out country's radio stations. I'm pretty young so I haven't heard much of Ricky Martin but I do now that he's a very respected artist. He's been a judge on The Voice Australia which means that this was the perfect time to release a new single. Delta Goodrem, a fellow judge, also released a new single recently. I also plan to review her song but I'll see if I can squish it in. Come With Me is a mix of lot's of different genres. In my opinion, I'd say it's mostly dance-pop.
Song:
I really love songs like this. Songs that I can just imagine being played at a club. It's super catchy and fun. I've read a few things that other people have said and they've said it has Latin undertones. I completely agree and I think it adds a really nice element to the song. The kind of song it is is hard to describe. It's a variety of so many different genres. At first I think it reminds me of Enrique Iglesias and then I think it sounds like David Guetta but then it also sounds like Jennifer Lopez. Let's just say that it sounds mainstream but in a good way. I love the way it was produced. I can tell that if it was done any other way, it may not have sounded as good as it was. Of course Ricky Martin's voice does play a big part in how good it was but the producing plays a massive part too.
Lyrics:
The lyrics surprised me. I never thought that a dance-pop song could have such powerful lyrics. Sad lyrics, uplifting beat. My favourite line:
"Don't save your love for some elusive dream."
Summary:
Well obviously, I'm just going to say that I love it. I feel like this 'Summary' part of my reviews are getting too repetitive. I'll keep doing it though because people who don't want to read the whole review can read this. I love how it was produced and I love the strong and deep lyrics! Check it out guys!

Buy on iTunes

Please leave a comment, follow, and +1. Thank you for supporting my blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment