Saturday, June 29, 2013

Review: Firestarter by Samantha Jade

Firestarter Samantha Jade

Genres: Pop, Electro-Pop, Dance-Pop, R&B
Released: 28 June 2013
℗ 2013 Sony Music Entertainment Australia Pty Ltd.




It's pretty much the end of the month and I should probably be doing my end of the month posts or reading for the Debut-A-Thon but instead, I'm going to review Firestarter by Samantha Jade. It was released yesterday and is already climbing up Australia's Top 10 on iTunes. Samantha Jade was the winner of X Factor for 2012. I was super excited for her new single and of course, I love it. A wonderful Electronic-Pop, Dance song that makes sure the party's in the house.
Song:
This song was produced by the same people who produced her previous single What You've Done To Me. I think it's a wonderful choice. If your first single reached #1 why not do the same for the second? I absolutely love the feel this song gives. It starts of with a catchy vibe that stays around in the background for the whole song. It may seem a bit repetitive but it sounds really cool. I love how extra beats are added for the lead up to the chorus. Closer to the end of the song, the tempo slows down and this really added a nice ballady touch to the song before it went electro-pop again.
Lyrics:
Of course any song about fire is going to have a whole heap of symbolism. I really like the lyrics for this song. I can't be 100% but I pretty sure Samantha wrote them herself as well. My favourite lyrics in this song have to be:
"There you are like a flame thrown to my heart, yeah, yeah
Got the things that I need to make it start, oh, oh!
You're the flame thrower
You're the firestarter!"
Summary:
Australia being the silly country it is, means that this song probably won't get far in the US. However, you never know what might happen. Aussie Guy Sebastion managed to get into the US charts. Either way, I'm quite sure this song will reach #1 here in Australia. It deserves it too because it really is a wonderful song. Check it out and have a listen!


Buy on iTunes

Please leave a comment, follow, and +1. Thank you for supporting my blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment