Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Guest Post: Inspirational Music by YA Author Suzy Turner

I love to listen to music while I write and as my books can be a little dark and eerie, I like the music to be equally haunting to inspire me.
My first series, The Raven Saga, was inspired by a visit to western Canada where much of the scenery is reminiscent of the area in and around Forks in Stephenie Meyer's Twilight. No surprise then that I found myself listening to a number of songs from the soundtrack. My favourites included Lykke Li's Possibility...


...and Flightless Bird by Iron & Wine. Basically, anything with a haunting feel was put on my playlist. Aiden's Cry Little Sister (made famous in The Lost Boys movie), Klaus Bedelt's Premonition (from the movie of the same name), Lisa Marie Presley's Raven...



...there are so many! As soon as I hear the songs start, I get a tingly feel all over and I just want to write. It's an amazing feeling.
My new series, The Morgan Sisters has a bit more of an urban feel to it, as it is set primarily in London so I found myself being inspired by Coldplay and Lana del Rey...

 

...both of which feature in the novella, Daisy Madigan's Paradise.
The first full length novel in the series, The Ghost of Josiah Grimshaw, is free at the moment so why don't you grab a copy while you can? I hope you enjoy reading it as much as I loved writing it! Its sequel, The Temporal Stone is available too.

The Ghost of Josiah Grimshaw

Adopted sisters Lana Beth and Emma Jane are polar opposites, but when the same strange 'tattoo' suddenly appears and winds its way up their bodies within days of each other, they soon realize there's more to their relationship than they could ever have imagined.
Sent off to London for two weeks of 'work experience', the Morgan Sisters soon find themselves being initiated into the ancient Praxos Foundation, one that protects the innocent while fighting evil, both human and supernatural.
At the same time, Lana Beth and Emma Jane must also investigate why the sweet but sometimes pesky ghost of Josiah Grimshaw just won't leave them alone.

For more information about Suzy, visit:
Suzy on Twitter

Please leave a comment, follow, and +1. Thank you for supporting the blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment