Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Review: We Can't Stop by Miley Cyrus

We Can't Stop Miley Cyrus Review


Genres: Pop, Music
Released: Jun 04, 2013
℗ 2013 RCA Records




I'm not sure what I was expecting when I heard a couple weeks ago that Miley Cyrus was coming out with a new song. I really really loved Can't Be Tamed and Party In The USA. I was ready for something along those lines. Something really upbeat and fun. I was proved wrong but I still like this song. Do I like it more than her previous singles? No. Was it worth the three year wait? No. Do I love it? No. But do I like it? Yes, I like it a lot.
Song:
Like I said before, this song isn't as party worthy as her past singles but I like the fact that she took the risk and went for something more mellow. Direct Lyrics has said that Miley's record label RCA "would approve her going to this 'more urban than pop' genre." I completely agree that the song is a lot less 'pop'. I have to say that lyrics are definitely not the highlight of this song for me. The music and the tempo was what made the song catchy. I loved the piano at the beginning and even though that stopped after awhile, without the backing vocals, the song would be pretty bad. I'm just glad the song was produced the way it was.
Lyrics:
Alrighty, we all know that songs nowadays have pretty meaningless lyrics. The only reason I could ignore it in this song was because it was a very medium-tempo song. I can almost tune out the sillyness of the lyrics.
"To my homegirls here with the big butts
Shaking it like we at a strip club"
I think she forgot about the homegirls with with the small butts. Just kidding, but seriously, surely there are other things you can do at parties. I'm not being sarcastic, my favourite line of the song is literally:
"So la da da di we like to party"
Summary:
Even though there are some things about this song that are terrible, I can't help but listen to it. It's not the best but it still is a very good song. 


Buy on iTunes

Please leave a comment, follow, and +1. Thank you for supporting my blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment