Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Review: Slow Down by Selena Gomez

 

Genres: Pop, Dance
Released: July 23, 2013
℗ 2013 Hollywood Records, Inc.




My review is a week late but by now, everyone's probably used to my late reviews. Slow Down is the second song released from Selena Gomez's upcoming album, Stars Down. I absolutely loved Come & Get It after it grew on me so I had high hopes for this song. Luckily, it met my expectations. I really liked this song and a fell in love the first time I heard it. I can't wait to listen to the rest of her album once it comes out.
Song:
Slow Down was produced by The Cataracs so obviously, it was spectacularly wonderful. The beat was awesome. The perfect timing with Selena's voice made the song even better. I loved the varying tempos throughout the song. All in all, it evoked that side of me that just wants to dance and sing and doesn't care about a thing. There are also parts of the song where Selena whispers a line and then sings something loudly. That was a nice edition to the already awesome song.
Lyrics:
I particularly liked this song because the lyrics weren't too overly stupid. They were only a little bit dirty but it's not hard to ignore. The simple rhyming worked effortlessly in this song. My favourite part was the part where I said it goes from a whisper to normal singer and back and forth.
"Breathe me in, breathe me out
The music's got me going
Breathe me in, breathe me out
No stop until the morning
Breathe me in, breathe me out
You know I'm ready for it
For it, for it
Yeah"
Summary:
Well I got to say, this was an epic listen. I highly suggest you go listen to it because most likely, you'll fall in love just like I did.


Buy on iTunes

Please leave a comment, follow, and +1. Thank you for supporting my blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment