Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Review-A-Thon: Female President 여자대통령 by Girl's Day

[Album] Girl's Day - Female President [Repackage]

Genres: K-Pop, Dance, Pop
Released: 24 June 2013
Members: Sojin, Minah, Hyeri, Yura
Dream Tea Entertainment




Girl's Day have come back again! I didn't expect a new release so soon after their last release Expectation. Either way, I'm not going to complain because I absolutely love their new single. Female President. It's a part of the repacked Expectation album. The music video is really racy with strip teases and the lot but there isn't actually anything explicit. Despite the super sexual video, the song is actually really catchy.
Song:
The song begins with a nice array of synths. It's the perfect beginning. Though some say it's really similar to Little Mix's Wings, I really don't care because I like the way it sounds. The drums and guitar strums in the background are the perfect base the the beautiful vocals. My absolute favourite in this particular song is Minah's extremely powerful voice. In some of Girl's Day's past songs, Minah's voice seemed to forced and strained. Sojin's voice which I can't describe as anything other than 'whispery' was wonderful as well. Lots of the song was 'chant-like' which made Hyeri and Yura's rapping fit in effortlessly.
Lyrics:
I don't know if I like the song or the lyrics more. They were both so good. The lyrics express the fact that sometimes the girl has got to make the first move. I think this is a really great message to be sending. My favourite lines translate to:
"You go first and say you love him,
Now is the time, you can start first."
Summary:
Definitely worth the time. Again, the music video is really hot but if you get offended by anything sexual, maybe just listen to the song without the video. I really love this song though. One of my favourite in a long time. Super powerful vocals, super catchy tune, super meaningful lyrics, super super super! Give it a go!


Buy on iTunes

Please leave a comment, follow, and +1. Thank you for supporting my blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment