Sunday, June 23, 2013

Review-A-Thon: Entwined with You by Sylvia Day

Entwined With You Sylvia Day
The worldwide phenomenon continues as Eva and Gideon face the demons of their pasts, and accept the consequences of their obsessive desires…
From the moment I first met Gideon Cross, I recognized something in him that I needed. Something I couldn’t resist. I saw the dangerous and damaged soul inside–so much like my own. I was drawn to it. I needed him as surely as I needed my heart to beat.
No one knows how much he risked for me. How much I’d been threatened, or just how dark and desperate the shadow of our pasts would become.
Entwined by our secrets, we tried to defy the odds. We made our own rules and surrendered completely to the exquisite power of possession…

Before anyone judges me, yes this is an 18+ book, yes it's Erotic but no, it's nothing like Fifty Shades of Grey. Okay so, I'll be honest, it's pretty similar to Fifty Shades but there are a lot of differences. I don't want to make this a comparison review so I'll make it clear from the start, Fifty Shades of Grey is nothing compared to the Crossfire series. I thought this was going to be a trilogy but I guess I was wrong because apparently the story hasn't ended just yet. I'm eagerly anticipating the next book. I gave Entwined with You  a 4.4 STARS. As always, don't stop reading just yet. Continue to see my thoughts on the this book and the series as a whole.
Characters:
Now I love Eva and Gideon. Of course I do. They are seriously super intriguing characters. If you've read any of my previous reviews, you know I love stories where the guy and the girl work out all the messed up lives together. This book is definitely a perfect example. They work out their past and present together. Though of course there are setbacks, it all works out in the end. I also loved Cary, Megumi and Eva's dad. I kind of hated all the other characters but you have to have some evil characters in there somewhere. The only character that really pissed me off was Brett. More on what I think about him later.
Pros:
This book was really entertaining. I know what you're thinking, but not that entertaining. I loved how even under all the drama, there were still parts where I could giggle. I also enjoyed the minor story lines that went along with the major story lines. This book hooked me in with drama and mystery right from the start. There is so much suspense that builds up throughout the story. Sylvia Day definitely has experienced writing. It fit Eva's point of view and character effortlessly.
Cons:
So there aren't that many bad parts to this. The only things I hated are things that are completely personal. Firstly, I hated Brett. I hated him so much. His annoying ass character was completely unnecessary. I get that the author was trying to create some kind of love triangle but it doesn't work when Brett is down right annoying. I also hated the ending. Endings need to be perfect for me and Entwined with You had a pretty bad ending. It wasn't a major cliffhanger and it didn't really end.
Summary:
All in all, it was definitely an enjoyable read. Good writing, good stories, good humor. I can't wait until the next book comes out. This series as a whole is spectacular. It doesn't matter how you felt about Fifty Shades of Grey, it doesn't matter if you haven't even read it, I recommend this series over it.

Try Audible now and get the Entwined with You audiobook FREE

Buy Entwined with You on Amazon
Please leave a comment, follow, and +1. Thank you for supporting my blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment