Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Review: Baby I by Ariana Grande



Genres: Pop, Dance, R&B
Released: 22 July 2013
℗ 2013 Universal Republic Records




Okay so today, I was so tempted to do a review on One Direction's Best Song Ever since the music video came out like 14 hours ago and is absolutely the funniest thing ever but I thought again. Instead, I decided to do a review on Ariana Grande's Baby I  which I felt as though would appeal to a bigger audience. Baby I definitely has a nice feel that I know would be enjoyed by people of all ages. Baby I will be apart of her debut album, Daydreamin', which I swear wasn't what it was going to be called a few days ago. The name's been changed quite a bit. Of course, I absolutely love this song but I love Ariana Grande over all.
Song:
Baby I has a very 90's feel. The first time I listened to the beginning, that was the first thing I thought of. I completely understand why people are saying Ariana is kind of like Mariah because her style of music is definitely similar. Her spectacular voice and the R&B emphasise the similarity even more. The song has a different vibe compared to her previous single The Way but I think the matureness suits her.
Lyrics:
Okay so the lyrics are super super repetitive but I can't expect any better anymore. Songs are like that these days and I think as long as the lyrics are nice, it's okay. The lyrics of this song definitely portray love in a lighter way. They express the feelings you feel when you first fall in love. I think it's really sweet. My favourite lines:
"When I try to explain it I be sounding insane
The words don’t ever come out right."
Summary:
Give it a try because Ariana Grande's voice is absolutely beautiful! I think a lot of you will like it. If you've already listened to it, you're awesome!


  Buy on iTunes

Please leave a comment, follow, and +1. Thank you for supporting my blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment