Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Review: Burn by Ellie Goulding

Burn - Single, Ellie Goulding

Genres: Pop, Indie Pop, Synth-Pop
Released: 4th July 2013
℗ 2013 Polydor Ltd. (UK)




    Burn was released on the 4th and three days after, the music video came out on the 7th, I love Ellie Goulding's voice. She's come out with a bunch of amazing stuff that I've loved. Lights, Anything Could Happen and I Need Your Love are only a few of my favourite songs that really demonstrate her powerful soprano voice. Burn is a new single that will be a part of her repacked album Halcyon Days coming out in August. The album will also be featuring a few other songs. Burn is an absolutely wonderful song.
    Song:
    The song starts off with dull beats before the build up and then completely soften when Ellie's voice takes the show. I really think that her voice fits the song perfectly. Apparently, this song was meant to be for Leona Lewis but I'm glad Ellie got it instead. The upbeat dance synths make the song perfect for many situations. I mean, it could hit the clubs but when the tempo slows, it shows that it you could listen to this whenever. This is another one of those songs that I'll sing to super loudly and give a damn if I kill my neighbour's ears.
    Lyrics:
    The lyrics play a big factor in how much I love this song. I know that she didn't write them herself but I still love them. I'm glad that this pop song has got some proper lyrics. When you hear Burn I bet you expect a sappy breakup song but it's actually a powerful inspiring song. The lyrics are super repetitive but the producing by Ryan Tedder makes sure it never gets boring. My fave lines:
    "Strike the smash, play it loud, giving love to the world
    We'll be raising our hands, shining up to the sky
    Cause we got the fire, fire, fire, yeah we got the fire fire fire."
    Summary:
    Obviously I love this song and it's lyrics and I'm definitely recommending this song to you. The music video is also amazing.


    Buy on iTunes

    Please leave a comment, follow, and +1. Thank you for supporting my blog.

    No comments:

    Post a Comment