Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Review: Me & My Girls by Fifth Harmony


Genres: Pop, Electronic Dance Music, R&B
Released: 16th July 2013
Members: Lauren Jauregui, Camila Cabello, Dinah Jane Hansen, Normani Hamilton, Ally Brooke Hernandez Epic Records



Fifth Harmony were the second runners up in the US version of X Factor. Their more popular song, released awhile ago is called Miss Movin' On. However, I really like this song too. Both songs are really fun and happy. I'm glad different X Factors all over the world have brought out so many good singers and artists. Sometimes I do still feel as though these winners don't have to work as hard to get famous, but I do admit they are talented.
Song:
I love all five of the girl's voices. Though they aren't extremely unique, at least they aren't bad. This song has an almost Hannah-Montana-esque beat to it. It's super crazy uplifting and fun. After all, the song is about being at a party so I couldn't expect any less. I really loved it every time the song broke into a Electronic Dance Music instrumental. It added another layer to the boring parts.
Lyrics:
Normally, I'd hate lyrics like these but for some reason, I don't mind them. I mean they are kind of stupid and cheesy but I have to say, they're realistic. They target younger, teen listeners but they've definitely done a good job of it. Can totally relate:
"My voice is gone, got my favorite PJ's on
Times like this don't always come along"
Summary:
Not the best song, not even mind-blowing but it was good. Definitely a song that I will listen to often. I just don't love it as much as everything else. Do check it out though, you never know until you try it.

Listen on SoundCloud

Please leave a comment, follow, and +1. Thank you for supporting my blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment