Saturday, April 27, 2013

Book Disappointment Of April 2013!



The Elite (The Selection, #2)


Thirty-five girls came to the palace to compete in the Selection. All but six have been sent home. And only one will get to marry Prince Maxon and be crowned princess of Illea.
America still isn’t sure where her heart lies. When she’s with Maxon, she’s swept up in their new and breathless romance, and can’t dream of being with anyone else. But whenever she sees Aspen standing guard around the palace, and is overcome with memories of the life they planned to share. With the group narrowed down to the Elite, the other girls are even more determined to win Maxon over—and time is running out for America to decide.
Just when America is sure she’s made her choice, a devastating loss makes her question everything again. And while she’s struggling to imagine her future, the violent rebels that are determined to overthrow the monarchy are growing stronger and their plans could destroy her chance at any kind of happy ending.


What can I say? I give this book 3.5 STARS but that's me being extremely generous. I absolutely loved the first book and did a review a while back. This wasn't necessarily a bad book, just a very big disappointment. The story was good, it was well written, it was fast paced, everything was fine except for one thing. The most important thing. I hated America's attitude so much. If anyone has watched Boys Over Flowers, I hate America for the same reasons I hated Jandi. The most amazing guy loves you and don't treat him well?! He gives you everything and you can't even be respectful?! It's such an easy and obvious choice I see no point of the love triangle. Oh I don't know if I want Maxon or Aspen. Oh I want to change the world but I'm just going to get eliminated instead of marrying Prince Maxon and changing it for real. I just don't see her deal. It took the whole book for her to realize she was wrong. Jeez, took you long enough. If she ends up with Maxon in the next book, alright, a good series and I recommend it but if not, I'm taking The Selection out of my favourite books of all time. I don't want to recommend the first book if the rest is bad. Sorry for ranting but overall the book wasn't that bad. I guess I did feel a bit sorry for America but I can't help but love Maxon. Read this series if you have time but there are definitely better books you can read for now.



Please leave a comment, follow, and +1. Thank you for supporting my blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment