Friday, April 19, 2013

Review: Shaking Heart 흔들리고 있어 by C-CLOWN

 

Genres: K-Pop, R&B, Hip-Hop, Dance
Released: 18 April 2013
Members: Rome, Si-woo, Ray, Kang Jun, T.K., Maru
Yedang Entertainment




Hi everyone! Time for another full album review. C-CLOWN has recently come back with their new mini album Shaking Heart. Their previous album Young Love  was amazing and the song Far Away is still one of my favourite songs. Since there are 5 songs in the mini album, each review will be pretty brief; just how much I like the song, the singing, the lyrics and the music. It was really hard to rate this album as a whole but I think I'll have to give it a 3.89 STARS.
1. Hell Yeah! (Intro)
This is probably my least favourite song in the whole album which is unfortunate because it's a bad start but it does get better. It reminds me of a song you'd here in one of those ads where there's a skateboard. I don't know why but I just find it a bit annoying. The lyrics are a bit arrogant because they're about how C-CLOWN is awesome and everything but I guess optimistic lyrics are always good when there are so many sad songs. The rapping by Rome and T.K. and the mature vocals made the song more outgoing and lively.
2. Shaking Heart 흔들리고 있어  
This song is the title song for the album and was definitely a good choice. This is my second favourite song on the album. The song isn't too fast or too slow and flows at a nice tempo for most of the song. The rap is absolutely amazing and is the best part of the song for me. The song is about the confusing feelings after a breakup. I think the lyrics portray the emotions perfectly. I also like the use of a phone call. You hear a phone ring and then a voice murmuring.
3. Far, Far Away 멀리 멀리    
Hands down my favourite song. The song is soft yet intense at the same time. The song is about not being right for each other and wanting to leave to as far away as possible. It is such a sad song and the emotions can be felt through the way the song is sung. Even the rap is toned down into a more soft tone to express the feelings. Though Shaking Heart was a good title song, I like this song better.
4. It Was Like That Then 그땐 그랬지 
This song was a collaboration between C-CLOWN and Ali. Though not my favourite song, it is definitely enjoyable. I feel like it wasn't special or unique because it was just a simple ballad. Just a normal structure with the same people doing their parts. The only part I could really appreciate in this song was Rome's rap because it was just right without feeling out of place. Though the vocals did create a very nice harmony.
5. So Pretty 너무 예뻐 
Lastly, this song again was good but wasn't great. The song was a bit to slow and I feel that it didn't suit C-CLOWN that well. The singing was very quite with whispers and the like. I do like the lyrics though because at least they aren't depressing. They are about a beautiful girl that is 'So Pretty'. It was sweet but just didn't work for me. I feel like the song could've been made to be even more amazing.

Buy K-Pop at Yesasia!
Please leave a comment, follow, and +1. Thank you for supporting my blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment